MBK Wellness is a group of Licensed Massage Therapists with 13 years of combined experience. Trained and certified by the Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage in Knoxville and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, we are members of the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals. MBK Wellness includes therapists Kenneth Robinson, Anne Whitehouse, and Mandy Loope.
Before beginning his own massage business in 2011, Kenneth provided comprehensive massage services at 5-star resort Blackberry Farms in Walland, Knoxville Fitness Together Personal Training Facility, Natural Alternatives Aveda Spa and Years Younger Medispa in Knoxville.
MBK provides comprehensive massage services with an intuitive touch, ranging from Kenneth’s Ultimate Signature Massage to medical sports massage. We incorporate several techniques like Swedish, deep tissue, sports therapy, Thai, and Neti facial techniques—tailored to each individual client’s needs. Kenneth is endorsed by several East Tennessee doctors (references available).
Kenneth Robinson, the owner of MBK Wellness
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage, Knoxville, TN, 2003, including 700 hours coursework and training in massage therapy and 1,000 massage hours in: anatomy; physiology and touch for health; Swedish massage; chair massage; deep tissue massage; reflexology; and massage history and ethics
- Certifications in 11 forms of massage, including sports therapy, Swedish, hot stone, Thai, Swe-Thai, facial, and mobile chair massage, as well as therapeutic stretching, Reiki, cranial sacral therapy, and reflexology.
Anne Whitehouse LMT, CLT
- She graduated in 2004 from Holistic Center for Therapeutic Massage in Illinois. Board Certified threw National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- She became certified since 2015 as a Lymphedema Therapist. Her unique style is a blend of therapeutic touch and relaxing bodywork customized for each of her clients.
- She believes in the body’s ability to heal itself. She utilizes her expertise to assist in the process. Her specialty is in helping people find relief from head, neck and shoulder tension.
- She holds training and/or certification in the following areas: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point, TMJ, Aromatherapy, Prenatal(Mommy to be massage), Cranial Sacral level 1, Reflexology, Hot Stone Massage, Bamboo Massage, Cupping Massage, Chair Massage, Oncology Massage for People Living with Cancer, Manual Lymph Drainage (Vodder Technique) and Complete Decongestive Therapy. Clients may experience a calming affect after a session with her.
- She graduated in August 2010 from Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage in Knoxville, TN, licensed by the state of TN, Nationally Board Certified through the NCBTMB and a member of the American Massage Therapy Association.
- In 2012, Mandy completed training and became certified in the Jim Cain Method of Neuromuscular Massage from The Sarasota School of Massage Therapy in Sarasota, FL and began specializing in treating pain and injury.
- Mandy is experienced in a number of modalities, including Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Neuromuscular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Sports Massage, Active Isolated Stretching (AIS), and most recently, Neuromuscular Reprogramming (NMR).
- A firm believer in the inseparable connection between body/mind, Mandy is a proponent of massage/bodywork for relieving physical as well as emotional stress, and encourages her clients to be active participants in their healing process. Her bodywork style ranges from deeply relaxing and stress reducing Breathwork to Sports Massage.
MBK Wellness also specializes in mobile massage therapy. Our mobile massages offer therapeutic, professional, spa-like massages (full body or chair massages) available at corporate offices and events.
Get in touch with us today to see how we can meet your specific needs.